Mainers are facing significantly higher rates for electricity due to the Mill’s Administrations policy to force Maine ratepayers to subsidize massive solar farms across the State of Maine. CMP ratepayers are experiencing an average 83% increase in their electric bill supply rate, while Versant ratepayers are experiencing increases of up to 89%. These failed energy policies are punishing Maine families and destroying our economy and business environment.
- For Mainers to prosper and to grow our economy we must promote technology that lowers the cost of electricity and provides lower energy costs across the state for all residents, businesses, and commercial development.
- Lift the 100 MGW cap on hydropower.
- Lower energy costs across the state for residents, businesses, and commercial interests.
- Update our existing dams to increase output and protect Maine’s fishing population.
- Reform Maine PUC subsidies and net metering so the lowest generation price point is incentivized
- Oppose gas tax increases to build electric car charging stations.